Sunday, January 13, 2013

APIA International

One of the things in my bucket list is TENNIS. To play tennis and to watch a live match with the world's best players. I had a previous post about the Hopman's Hyundai Cup in which I had my first encounter with Andrew Murray and Novak Djokovic. When I transferred here in Sydney, I am blessed that APIA International takes place here. 

In January 2012, I braved my way to Sydney Olympic Park - Ken Rosewall Arena. I took the public transport and had a bit of a walk using my iPhone App-Google Maps to make sure I won't get lost elsewhere. Doing things on my own isn't new to me. I can go watch a movie by myself or enjoy a glass of cocktail in a hotel on my own. 

Seriously, I do not have a clue for the players who are going to play that night. I was just praying so hard that I will have the best known players and a good match to enjoy. With all the divine intervention and I guess I have been a good girl that week, I witnessed two matches: Kvitova VS Radwanska and Wozniacki VS Azarenka. I just can't believe it that I am about to watch these great women in the world of tennis. Dude, they are on the Top 10 list. Though I am still hoping that someday I will be able to bump with Sharapova. Ooopss!! She is not my personal favourite but for the love of my sibling, she is my younger brotha's crush. I will be courageous enough to approach her and get an autograph or a picture with her.

So here are some photos in APIA 2012:


Welcoming Banner through the wooden bridge






 Petra Kvitova World's No. 8


 Victoria Azarenka World's No. 1



 Caroline Wozniacki World's No. 10


Agnieszka Radwanska World's No. 4


Let's fast forward....January 10, 2013. This is a remarkable day because I have a date watching the Men's Quarterfinals. God is so good that he gave me a man who also loves tennis. I guess he is blushing right now *pop* My big baby Johnson will be watching for the first a live match here in Sydney. He was too busy with his academic achievements and work that he wasn't able to think about watching a live tennis match. 

 This is a result if you force your boyfriend to have a photo...haha!


 Few minutes before the match started


 Jarkko Nieminen World's No. 41 VS Bernard Tomic World's No. 52


Tomic in action

I'm crossing my fingers that next year I will finally watch Australian Open. I will save a huge amount to watch it live and be secured for a good match. Cheers to all tennis enthusiasts!!!!



~*~manelle~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment