Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy 26th!!!

When I turned 26 last July, I realized few things that truly matters to me. My wishes when I was a kid doesn't holds true to this time. I've learned to eliminate those unnecessary wishes and turned it instead as my soulful dreams. For once, a TV personality said, "I stop wishing but I continue to dream. For in dreams, you become motivated and you persevere in order to make it come true. Nevertheless, I don't blow the cake to make a wish now but I simply close my eyes and utter my dreams.

So let me share to you some of the things I did on the week of my birthday.

July 26 -- This is my actual birthday. For 2 weeks, I was browsing the net to look for a beautiful place to have my birthday lunch with Paowee. Finally, I found a relaxing and scenic restaurant at Royal Street, East Perth WA. It is called Royal on the Waterfront. This restaurant is facing a man-made river that is connected to Swan River and on the other side of the river is a Europe inspired community.



If you take a closer look, on the further right, you will be able to see a steel bridge.



Behold! Meet my birthday date -- Paowee.



Of course, this is ME in my grandest moment.



I suggested to order a seafood chowder. I never thought that a chowder means a variety of seafoods and vegetables in a thickened soup. So I ended up eating this big bowl alone.


Salmon meal for Paowee



I'm an avid fan of steak -- Sirloin with veggies and chips.


After our luscious lunch, we decided to stroll around the place. We reached Hyde Park. The place was perfect for our photo shoot (haha!)



The Prince of Philippine Movies - Nathan Garcia in Kaya Abutin ang Pangarap.




Me in the remake of Gagay - Ang Prinsesa ng Brownout




This is our reunion movie -- Makuha Ka Sa Tingin: Kung Pwede Lang



Ideally, I was thinking of San Churro Chocolateria for my birthday. However, one night, I was deadly hungry and all I wanted is to eat immediately to suffice my hunger. I saw a Tong 88 Korean BBQ Restaurant. I bravely do my strut inside the restaurant (naman!) and ordered 2 serving of pork bbq. I didn't realize that I will be responsible for grilling my pork. All in the restaurant were groups of friends while I was alone -- similar to all by myself pig-out. Obviously, people were looking at me while I was trying to figure how it should be done. On the other hand, I was talking to Paowee on the phone, he was laughing ... and laughing...and laughing.


This is the craziest but most memorable gift I received so far in my whole life. It was a guessing game for me as to the gift of Paowee. The clues he gave me: childhood dream and the gifts are interconnected. I was thinking of electric mixer, billboard (haha!) and magazine cover (pagbigyan na!). Finally, early morning, I haven't washed my face and no gargle at all. Paowee blind-folded me and he said, "Ladies and Gentlemen: The 2011 Ms. Mag-Aso Universe" That's the time I burst into laughters. I saw the crown and the sash. hahaha! For a moment, I became a beauty queen.



This is not my birthday cake but I made one. I've been dreaming to create a double layer chocolate cake with icing. Not perfect though but in time I will learn it.



And this is the most important thing -- Date with God. At St. Mary's Cathedral, I poured out all things inside my heart. I am truly grateful for all the graces I received throughout the years. God remains faithful to me despite I am unfaithful to Him. I may not be a pleasant daughter but God never failed to embrace me whenever or wherever I needed it. Indeed, God is good all the time.

I'm so excited for next year -- 26th of July.



~*~manelle~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment