Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Theater Experience --- as an audience!

When I was grader, I dreamt of becoming a theater actress. I want to act like those actresses who can manage to deliver an intense line while tears flowing on their cheeks. I want to dance like Sexbomb dancers, aw este, I want to dance without inhibitions like doing full spread of arms, high front kick, a perfect turn up in the air and lands to the ground with a split (ehem!). I want to sing and hit the highest note (take note "HIGHEST NOTE"). I was even willing to give up my 5 points in my total grade in exchange to the theatrical prowess of Lea Salonga and Monique Wilson. However, the so-called "chance, talent and time" were not on my side. They were too aloft that I could hardly see them from a glance. They were nowhere to be found. All I can say was: "GAAAWWWDDD" (with full conviction while closing my eyes and tight hand fist).


From that dream, I started to make a connection with theater by being an audience. The first theatrical play I watched was New Yorker in Tondo. It was held in CAP Building, Cebu City, Philippines. I tremendously enjoyed the experience but making a report out of it -- was a BOOOOOOO!!!



The second play I watched was entitled: Hillsong Christmas Spectacular -- The Shoe Fits In. It was Hillsong musicale version of Cinderella Story.

We had a good time meeting the characters at the foyer.



And just today: 20th of May 2011, I've watched my third theatrical play. I'm still overwhelmed about the Midsummer Night's Dream by Black Swan State Theater Company. There are 3 things that made my experience memorable. First, I just paid half-price for the ticket. Hooray! I have a concession as a student. Second, it was a date with myself and I was sitting in the FRONT ROW. Third, the entire play was incredibly awesome. I wasn't only fascinated by the superb talents but also by the lightings and movements of the characters. I couldn't help but laugh during the acts...uhhhmmm..actually, everybody was really laughing. I would say Luke Hewitt who played Nick Bottom was the most outstanding performer. The humour of this man is --- WOOOOWWW!!



For now, I will enjoy the different plays here in Perth. But I'm looking forward for the grandest experience --- Las Vegas and Broadway.




~*~ manelle ~*~








No comments:

Post a Comment