Monday, April 25, 2011

He Got BIG EyEs!



While doing the rounds before finishing my shift, I accidentally show this cute little thing on top of a cupboard beside a jigzaw puzzle.


My spontaneous reaction --- "CHUCKLED!" This is a bit of reunion I should say.


This is not a creature with a "FuR" that goes low low low low low #aycorny!


This is a creature with black and white circling feathers, wide wings to fly, a hawk-like beak, a flat face and the most prominent feature is the large forward facing eyes and ears. Behold, it is not a plane, it's a bird, it's really a bird --- it's AN OWL.


I will neither talk in depth about its' physical features nor its' way of adaptation to the environment. I will tell you about someone who had been a part of my life. It's more than 2 years since I sat down and thought about him. Lemme recall the beautiful and lovable things about this person.


Like an owl, he got BIG EYES. Those eyes looks good on him. He stand 5'7 1/2" with broad shoulders, soft-mattress-like arms and flubby tummy which make him a huggable homo sapiens from kingdom, Mammalia. Ever since a kiddo, we teased him "OWL" because of those eyes. He will confidently brag that his eyes might be round and big but they are brown and "attractive". Good Lord!!


Like an owl, he is NOCTURNAL. He stays late at night, burning the midnight candle. As a law student, he devotes his time studying those 100-200 pages cases, digesting it and making notes. Obviously, I don't have patience sitting til' the wee hours of the night plainly reading. Shoot me! Now, I also remembered the reason he stays late at night. There was a time that he fears sleeping because he might have seizure and nobody might be awake to help him. I felt bad knowing this because he needed to be wide awake til 4am -5am to make sure that someone can watch over him while he is sleeping. Another incident I want to share was when his mother was sick. I told him to accompany his mother in going to the toilet and to watch over her in the night. The following day, I checked on him and he said, "Giduka pa ko pero gisugo ko." (I'm still sleepy but I need to do some errands.) So I asked him what time he slept because it was already lunch time but he was still sleepy. He replied, "Mga 5am na man guro to. Gaduwa ko computer" (Around 5am I guess playing computer games.) Unreluctantly, I called him insane to be awke til the morning. He said, "Ingon baya ka na bantayan nako si mama. Mao la ko natulog." (Remember you told me to watch over mom that's why I didn't sleep.) Then I replied, "hehehehe. Ok have your lunch and take time to rest". (Bad me!!)


Like an owl, he is CARNIVOROUS. Give him pork or chicken bbq with sweet-chili sauce, BOOM!, his plate will be like brand new (without the thought of a cat licking it). Oops, don't forget to give him a chilly 1 liter of Coca-cola to push down those unchewed meat. I can't bear looking at him happily cutting bits to bits the thick, greasy part of the meat. Then because he knew I feel like throwing up watching him, he will gladly give his biggest smile to hide those big brown eyes.


Like an owl, he is a ATTRACTIVE. This is the adjective that will surely boost his morale..haha! Definitely and undoubtedly, he is a campus crush in our school. Girls and girlie-like get hook with him. He doesn't have only a good-looking face but he is athletic and a Cdt. Major in our Citizen Army Training. (that's like an LBC Package in one!) Moreover, he got a heart that is compassionate and kind. He never fails to provide assistance to those in need. And this is what make him more appealing to people.


So that ends, my lil lil stowee about "the owl" I used to know. His story is always worth to write. He will always be a piece of memory that I will share with enthusiasm to my grandchildren. I know some time in the future, I will see those glaring eyes again and I'll make sure I've got my sunnies on to forget how enticing those eyes are.



~*~manelle~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment