Thursday, April 21, 2011

HYUNDAI HOPMAN CUP 2011

It has always been my dream to watch a LIVE tennis match. Last 03 January 2011, I was fortunate to have a day off from my stressful job...I headed to Burswood Dome to witness the game between Italy VS Great Britain at 0930 A.M.


The players for Italy were Francesca Schiavone and Potito Starace while for Great Britain -- Laura Robson and Andy Murray (my crush--yey!!)



I bought my ticket online through Ticketek. Of course, I will never let it pass without taking a souvenir photo of my first LIVE TENNIS MATCH ticket.


The first game was Women's Single. Francesca Schiavone was an awesome player. She can let Laura Robson dive into the floor with her strong right hand smash. Every time she hits the ball, you will hear her saying "uuuHHHHhhh" I don't know if it is something to either annoy or distract the opponent but I find it so disgusting upon hearing that sound..(oops, color green *ting*). Shiavone won the match over the novice Robson.


The second game was Men's Single. It was between Potito Starace VS Andy Murray. As expected, the crowd was cheering for Murray -- including ME. The lean-muscle-gentleman Murray was limping during the game. He looked like a man who had a hip fracture as evidenced by uneven length of lower extremities. It occurred to me that Murray won't be able to finish the match because he looked very sick. However, with grace and luck upon him, he won the match. With all the smiles and repetitive clapping of my hands -- my cheers was all for him. (fan na fan lang ang mode) During the interview, he said that indeed, he is not feeling well because Perth is so hot and he felt like having fever anytime. (oh, how i wish i can wipe your dripping sweat away..yikes!)


I didn't watch the double match already though I was hearing how each team fair during the game. I decided to walk around the Hopman Village. This village had different stalls selling food and souvenirs for the event. But one stall caught my charming eyes (as what my mother described it) , the PHOTO BOOTH. It is a free and you will have a chance to make a choice for the player you want to be in the picture. Without deliberation of my non-functioning sometimes useless neurons -- I chose Andy Murray.


Indeed, my Hyundai Hopman Cup 2011 experience was something memorable. I was able to see the 2011 Australian Open Champion Novak Djokovic while he was practicing in the side court. It was fun cheering with the crowd while taking few breaks with my bottled water.

Next goal ==> Australian Open 2012.


~*~manelle~*~




No comments:

Post a Comment