Thursday, October 27, 2011

To eat or not to eat -- that is the question!

For several days, I have been craving for Filipino dishes. The thought of it creates a strong urge to go to a Filipino restaurant that will surely satiate the hungry parasites in my stomach. Fortunately, there is Manila Restaurant here in Perth. It is situated in 1236 Albany Highway, Cannington. Parking space is available for customers. It is open all days of the week from 6pm onwards. In addition, for music lovers, Friday-Sun is allotted for the Karaoke night. So, if you have the singing "prowess" like me....hahaha or if not, you simply possess that so-called oozing confidence or that annebisyosa-like-attitude ... please don't hesitate to share your musicality --- grab the microphone and belt at the top of your lungs like your favourite divas.

Notice the bamboo way of writing the restaurant's name


The restaurant's interior ---tsaka TFC subscriber yan (Nasaan ka Elisa?)


My Mowwddeeellll!!! Tubig pa lang, busog na!


I couldn't help but order the food I used to eat in the Philippines. WARNING: The food is high fat, high protein, high calories, high in everything...hahaha A total cheat day slash pig-out experience.

Here are the food we ordered.

--KINILAW NA ISDA--
( I miss how my father prepare this dish)

-- CHOPSUEY --
(to relieve our guilt of eating "unhealthy food")

-- SISIG --
(The Casa Verde sisig is still the best for me.)

-- LECHON PAKSIW --
(No one beats the lechon paksiw of my father)

-- HALO-HALO --
(Eating halo-halo reminds me of Chowking and Perpings)

If you think, only Filipinos come to dine in here...oopppssss.....Australians are also avid customers. One of the tables was occupied by an Australian Family who was celebrating a birthday....take note no Filipino was with them ....isn't it COOL?

I know I will be eating more of our dishes as soon as I come home. But I will definitely annoy my mother in preparing the delicacies -- biko, sapin-sapin, cuchinta, palitaw, budbod, puto, bingka, moron and cassava. My drinks will be sikwati, buko juice and SPARKLE (haha!).

I will see you soon, Pilipinas kong Mahal.


~*~manelle~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment