Saturday, October 8, 2011

SHHhhhhh......

If a word is worth a coin, silence is worth two.
— Hebrew Proverb —-

For several months now, most of the people who knows me are wondering why i rarely talk…. Some give speculations like family problem, love-life issue, workload demands, and the like…. However, I want to say that for 23 years of living I just learned NOW to value SILENCE. Yes you heard me right… I CHOSE TO BE SILENT! Whatever experience that made me to this realization, simply accept my humble decision "I JUST WANT SILENCE". Furthermore, this will lead you to a question… WHY BE SILENT? Well, let me share to you some points about the GIFT OF SILENCE.

1. SILENCE brings serenity to your heart.

For this semester, my work is from Monday to Saturday. I rarely have a chance to spend time alone with myself. I’m not complaining about my workload. It’s just that from Monday to Saturday I’m so engross of talking…talking…talking. Why am i doing a lot of talking??? it’s because my work demands for it and my friends always question me if i’m silent. If i remember it right, it was last august 21 that this realization happened. In silence, i learned to keep a quiet heart. I learned to be more forgiving and to be more understanding.

2. SILENCE allows you to spend time with GOD.

It is only in silence where you can hear the voice of God. If you are too busy or too preoccupied of a lot of things, the tendency is that you least likely give thanks to God. This is the best time to assess and to evaluate your current relationship with Him. Try to ask yourself these questions: Are you close to His heart or are you distant to Him? Were you grateful to His goodness or did you ignore His presence? Silence allows you to grow spiritually in love with God. He talks to you even if you are not talking to Him. God knows when to tap your shoulder, when to hold your hand, when to embrace you and when to touch your heart. He is so wonderful because He knows the right timing for everything.

3. SILENCE heals all wounds.

A friend of mine told me that i don’t either need to explain or seek for explanation. Sometimes there are life events that we don’t understand. Some appears hazy and some seems so vague. Whatever may be the case, just simply accept it. I would testify that if there is silence + acceptance + forgiveness + time, it will lead to the healing of your heart. Life is too short. You don’t have to hold grudges, anger and pain in your heart. This time i learned to let go of feelings that can make me bitter because i know it is not beneficial for my personal growth.

I just hope that you learn something from me. I may not be an expert about living this life but i am a learner who never get weary of venturing to new ideas. If you lose track or if you are confuse….simply sit down, breathe deeply, free your mind of your baggages and pray for silence in your heart.

****REPOST from my old blog ( 08 October 2008 )

~*~manelle~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment