Saturday, November 3, 2012

For the Love of Ice Cream


Everybody loves ice cream. Hardly you will find someone who has a distaste against ice cream. This is one of the top favourite refreshments especially during the summer season. Summer won't be complete without eating either a cone or a cup of ice cream. In this entry, let me share to you the story behind my fascination towards ice cream.

One afternoon when social networking site was not yet known, I was peacefully taking my nap in the lanai of my aunt's place. When all of a sudden, my lost and grumpy friend tried with all his might to wake me up. Let's call him -- PEPOPE. Then he said with a troubled aura, "Hey, get up and get dressed. We are eating ice cream. Hurry!" At the back of my mind I said, "Dude, I'm still in Everland with my Peter Pan and then you spoiled my fantasy".  Honestly, I would like to give him a Manny Pacquiao's punch for cutting off my dream. Nonetheless, for the sake of friendship, I granted the favour he asked. He took me to a convenience store and asked me to pick an ice cream. Without second thought, I picked the yummy Drumstick while he had the Magnolia Pinipig Crunch. So we head back home while enjoying our ice cream he began to say, "When you have problems next time, simply eat an ice cream to cool you down then you will be ok." I thought his statement was totally eccentric at that time, however, when I was in Uni every time I am under stressful situation I find myself walking towards Julie's Bakeshop, Ice Castle or Dessert Factory to buy ice cream. Since then, eating ice cream became my non-pharmacological treatment against anxiety and depression. So I called it ICE CREAM Therapy.

























































~*~manelle~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment